Job Opening: We invite applications for a Research Assistant position in pediatric neuroimaging. The successful candidate will carry out studies of human brain development by using a combination of different neuroimaging techniques, such as MEG, EEG and DTI. The focus of the studies is two common pediatric neurological disorders, epilepsy and cerebral palsy.
This Research Study Assistant II will be responsible for:
- Organization of data and research documentation.
- Experimental setup of pediatric neuroimaging studies.
- Acquisition/collection of electrophysiological data (i.e. MEG, EEG, MRI, etc) from healthy as well as sick newborn, babies, and children.
- Analysis and evaluation of electrophysiological data by using sophisticated software analysis tools such as BrainStorm, etc.
To qualify, you must have:
- A BSc in neuroscience, biomedical engineering, or related field andone year working experience in a similar position.
- Practical experience in the acquisition of neuroimaging data, a great plus.
- The ability to communicate well with scientific colleagues and pediatric participants in our experiments.
- An interest in working with newborns, babies and children, studying brain development either as a career or as a training opportunity.